Minnesota Plumber Licensing Continuing Education Program
Recently, a new continuing education requirement went into effect for licensed plumbers within the state of Minnesota. The details are as follows:
Two types of credit hours will be available:
- Plumbing code credit hour
- Technical credit hour
Master, Journeyman, and Restricted Master Plumbers will be required to complete the following credit hours during their 2 year license period:
- Minimum 4 hours technical credit hours
- Minimum 12 hours code credit hours
Initial timetables are as follows:
- Master and Restricted Master Plumbers must complete their first 16 credit requirement by their license renewal in December 2014.
- Journeyman and Restricted Journeyman plumbers must complete their first 16 credit requirement by their license renewal in December 2015.
Continuing Education courses, and instructors, must be approved and registered with the State of Minnesota. Upon course completion, the instructor will report attendee completion to the Minnesota Department of Labor for their tracking purposes.
For more information visit the MN Department of Labor and Industry’s website.